Thursday 12 December 2013

Hi everyone, I'm here with today's make for the Polkadoodles Sudio 12 blog post. I hope you are all looking forward to Christmas.  I have only just started shopping myself which is very late, but there's not much I can do about it now is there lol.  Anyway getting back on track I've made a real cute little wall plaque/tray/hanger/thingy! not really sure what to call it if I'm honest.  This was a little wooden box that had wooden embellishments in it, I've had it knocking round the work room for a couple of years now.  I always knew I would do something with it and inspiration hit yesterday.

I used a few different stamps from the studio 12 and Susan Weckesser studio 12 stamps, shrink plastic and Sakura Stardust and Wink of Stella pens.  I painted the box with mushroom and light blue acrylic paint then I used scraps of backing papers from the Studio 12 Collection 1 CD in each compartment.  I added a  few odds and ends from my stash to finish it off.



 I took this pic with it by a ruler so you cab see just how small and cute the shrunk elements are.  Each compartment is just a smidge over 3cms so that shows the scale for you.
Here are the remaining Creative Expressions TV samples from my last show.  The Creative Expressions DT have now been given these Henna stamps and are making some fabulous creations with them, you can check them out of the Creative Expressions Facebook page and on the team Blog.














If I don't get back before Christmas I hope you all have a wonderful time.

3 comments:

CraftygasheadZo said...

Gorgeous makes Dee, love your style and all of your cards are fab. Your plaque is just stunning. Take care Zo xx

Claire Phillips said...

Super projects as always Dee - love the new imagery from Nikki. Hope you had a lovely Christmas and here's to a great 2014! Cheers Claire x

Karen Petitt said...

So sorry I've visited for a while Dee. Hope you are well and enjoying the New Year.
These are all so beautiful. I love the little tray, think I have nearly used up my wooden flowers from one of them so it will be good to upcycle it - just need to look at yours for inspiration!
The CE stamps are fab but I do love that last one, those yummy rich colours really appeal xx